Over the past 25 years, Ms. Ouellet has acquired a wealth of expertise in specialized foot care, particularly among diabetes patients. She has completed a number of foot care training programs and in 2015 earned the right to prescribe wound care medication. In 2006, she designed a specialized foot care training program in conjunction with the Cité Collégiale and has delivered the training since then.
Ms. Ouellet has been a trainer and speaker at a number of events and contributed to the development of the foot care infection prevention guidelines (2001-2016), in association with the AIISPQ and the OIIQ.
Services provided by our clinic
- In-grown toenails
- Correction of various nail deformities
- Thickened or split nails or nail fungal infections
- Treatment of onychomycosis using GENESIS* photodynamic technology
- Care for plantar fasciitis and heel spurs
* We specialize in onychomycosis; the GENESIS system is painless and allows patients to avoid taking oral antifungals.
GENESIS is a device that uses a liquid filter to eliminate harmful radiation, like UVB, UVC and infrared light. Only visible light penetrates the skin or nail and the treatment is therefore painless. It was developed and tested in Canada by physicians and has been approved by Health Canada. It is also used in treating infected or ischemic wounds and musculoskeletal injuries.
SPECIAL DIABETES CARE
- Complete foot care, including vascular and neurological assessment
- Self-care instruction
- Instruction to prevent foot problem recurrence
- Corns, calluses, bunions
- Cracking, splitting
- Severe dryness, excessive moisture
- Abrasions, minor lacerations, diabetic wounds
- Wound care, venous and arterial ulcer care (uninfected)